Oh yes, the Christmas treats keep on rolling.
And I have just the thing to get you in the Christmas spirit, even if you’re finding it a little challenging this early on. Gin.
Launched in 2015, Thomas Dakin is a London Dry Gin, named after the man who built what would become Greenalls Distillery in Bridge Street in Warrington in 1761. Warrington at the time was a crossroads to the north. With trade coming in from Liverpool, up from London, and down from Newcastle, and Scotland, it was a useful stop off point – for both cargo and people.
Stagecoaches travelling between the north and south and would stop at the local inns for a rest, to change horses or even stay overnight. Those travellers, passengers, traders all enjoyed a sip or two of gin. And they also enjoyed a cordial or two. One available at the time provided inspiration for two of the botanicals in Thomas Dakin Gin. During her research, master distiller Joanne Moore, discovered a cordial made of orange and red cole, also known to you and I as horseradish.
The result? A lightly savoury gin, that lends itself to a breadth of flavours. It’s refreshing in a G&T with a slice of orange, and works just as well in a Martini, or a favourite of mine, the Ramos Gin Fizz.
So what better treat for a gin lover this Christmas than a Thomas Dakin Hamper? The hamper includes:
1 x bottle of 70 cl Thomas Dakin Gin
4 x bottles of Fever Tree Tonic
1 x Thomas Dakin Apron
1 x Orange
1 x story of Dakin cocktail book
Tempted? Entering is easy – all you have to do is:
Comment on this post to tell me who you’d give the gin to. And pop over to their website for a nosey – logging both entries on the widget below.
Terms and Conditions:
- This giveaway is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
- You must be aged over 18 to enter.
- The competition is open from 9 November 2017 and will close at midnight on 23 November 2017, after which the draw will take place and the winners notified (within 24 hours).
- There are no cash alternatives, or alternative prizes on offer. The decision is final and will be drawn via the Rafflecopter widget.
- I will contact the winner by both email and via Twitter as long as both are detailed in the entry comment.
- You will be disqualified for not fulfilling the instructions, all entries will be checked.