Giveaway with The Wingfield
Wingfield patented a ‘New and Improved Court for Playing the Ancient Game of Tennis’ and began marketing his game in the spring of 1874 – selling a boxed version that included net, balls, rackets and instructions. Tennis in a box.
It became popular with the aristocracy, and in 1875 a meeting took place to create a universal set of rules for tennis, and the Major’s court and scoring method were adopted. In 1877 the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (AELTC) launched the Wimbledon Championship, and though some of Wingfield’s rules were removed, he is still considered a vital part of the modern game.
Terms and Conditions
- This giveaway is open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
- You must be aged over 18 to enter.
- The competition is open from 10 July 2016 and will close on 18 July 2016, after which the draw will take place and the winners notified (within 24 hours).
- There are no cash alternatives, or alternative prizes on offer. The decision is final and will be drawn via the Rafflecopter widget.
- I will contact the winner by both email and via Twitter as long as both are detailed in the entry comment.
- Should there be no response from the winner within 72 hours, the draw will be remade and an alternative winner selected.
- You will be disqualified for not fulfilling the Rafflecopter instructions, all entries will be checked.
With thanks to The Wingfield for both the bottle to sample, and the bottle to give away!