I’ve got just over 5 months left, and a lot to cover. Time for a final review before the date hits (late August for those counting).
1. Review the papers on TV/Radio
Anyone? Ideas? Suggestions? I’ve all but offered to everyone? Maybe I should just do a Facebook Live of them or something. Fake up a BBC Breakfast sofa?
2. Read all the books in my backlog
I’ve started! I promise! OK, a bit. I read a couple and started two more and then bought another two. It’s a work in progress.
3. Run another marathon
Nope. Not going to happen. I’m far, far too invested in lifting for another marathon. I might just have to shuffle this one over into a Fifty Before Fifty (and just writing that was a bit scary). Hmm.
4. Re-learn to ride a bike
Kind of? I did learn again, but since then my bike has been languishing in the shed.
5. Start vlogging
Ummm….. *Looks blank* Do Instagram stories count?
6. Do a nude/lingerie shoot (body positive)
7. Learn how to/have a go at roasting coffee
*AHEM* Heart & Graft? Second City? Anyone?
8. Raise over £5000 for charity
Still not even come close. I’ve probably donated this month in time and events, and money? Does that count? Probably not.
9. Co/Host a radio show
I’ve been a reporter for BBC Radio Manchester during their outreach week, I’ll count that as done, unless something else arises. My potty mouth could be an issue.
10. Make haggis
11. Deadlift 150 kg
I’m at 110kg+ So er… Maybe?
12. Back squat 200kg
Nope. I’m at about half that, so not so shabby. But 200kg in five months is beyond ambitious.
13. Ride a horse
14. Distill my own gin
I’ve done this 3 times now, so considering that a win.
15.Design/brew a beer
16. More Body Positivity/Body Acceptance/Kicking ass as a fat bird
Ongoing – I’ve done loads, but there is always more to do.
17. Visit a cat cafe (and try not to move in) 18. Be published in a national publication
19. Learn to Lindy Hop
20. Knit a blanket for my bed
21. Go fell running
22. Visit gravestones of family tree
23. Do a RAOK every week for a year
From lending out my locker, to giving away my brolly, to helping new spinners figure out the Read Rider Bikes, I’m considering this one a total win.
24. Say hello or nod to as many runners that I pass while out running myself as possible.
25. Write more fiction
26. Volunteer more within Stretford
27. Learn to use a chefs knife properly 28. Run in the new year
29. Go clay pigeon shooting (again) and improve my score
30. Read War & Peace
31. Get another tattoo
I actually know what I want. I dreamt it. I just need to make it a reality.
32. Make a gin based sausage
33. Have a Sunday lunch with friends or family once a month.
Not even this has happened. Fail.
34. Go on holiday again because it’s been a long time since I last did!
It’s booked! It’s not til October, but still, it’s happening!
35. Visit a vineyard
Vague plans for this. There’s one in Lancashire that needs a visit (they do afternoon tea too).
36. Wear better underwear.
YES! I do, I have fancy schmancy knickers and bras and stockings and everything.
37. Regularly do yoga/pilates/Body Balance
They moved my class to a time that I just can’t do. I’m looking into alternatives.
38. Instagram daily and be less afraid of selfies
Since the introduction of stories, I’m considering this one done. I do videos, daily snaps.
39. Create a happiness jar 40. Find a pair of jeans that fit
Thank you Simply Be for making jeans that fit my booty beautifully. Please don’t EVER STOP MAKING THEM.
5 months. This is doable right? Kinda? Maybe?